- HOW AND WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- WILL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BE GIVEN TO ANYONE ELSE?
- HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED?
- YOUR RIGHT OF ACCESS AND CORRECTION
- ONLINE COLLECTION OF PERSONAL AND NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
- ADDITIONAL PRIVACY INFORMATION & HOW TO CONTACT US
1. HOW AND WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
BAA needs to collect personal information in order to conduct its business. BAA collects personal information from visitors if you access www.baa.org.au, if you enter a competition, if you become a member, if you buy an event ticket, or to give us feedback. We collect this information for verification purposes. Business contacts: Sometimes, BAA needs to collect personal information from people we do business with. This will usually happen when we collect the name and business contact details of a person who is the contact in an advertising agency, or one of our advertisers, or a government agency or company we deal with, or a sponsor, or one of our contractors or suppliers. Our policy is only to use personal information collected from our business contacts or the users of its website for the business purpose for which it was collected, and not for any other purpose. We do not collect personal information that we do not need.
2. WILL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BE GIVEN TO ANYONE ELSE?
We will not sell, rent or trade personal information about you to or with others. Personal information collected by us may be disclosed to third parties to whom we outsource specialised functions (such as mailing houses or printing companies), and if so, we take steps to ensure that those contractors: comply with the NPPs when they handle personal information about you (regardless of whether they are a small business, and would otherwise be exempt from the NPPs); and are authorised only to use personal information in order to provide the services or to perform the functions required by us. The only other time we would make disclosures of personal information is if we are required to do so by law, or if the disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act.
3. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED?
BAA takes steps to ensure that the personal information it holds is secure from unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure. We only permit your details to be accessed by authorised personnel.
4. YOUR RIGHT OF ACCESS AND CORRECTION
5. ONLINE COLLECTION OF PERSONAL AND NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
As noted above, our websites may collect personal information (eg if our visitors email us) No personal is stored on our server, unless authorised by the sender. If authorised, the only information stored is first and last name, email address, state and country.
6. ADDITIONAL PRIVACY INFORMATION & HOW TO CONTACT US